We used this approach to estimate our work during the exchange in Bulgaria after all the work done on the project. It is metaphoric exercise to stimulate a reflection and make the learning process more visible. The main product of the factory is the learning within the activity.
The needed materials were:
· Post-it notes, masking tape
· Optional: creative material and camera
We have put posters on the wall with the following titles and questions:
1) Ingredients – What did you personally put into the learning process?
2) Machines – What kind of settings did your learning take place in?
3) Personnel – Were there any other people involved?
4) Product – What did you learn and how do you know you learnt it?
5) Operator – How did you feel during the activity (emotions)?
6) Marketing and sales – What is the value of your learning? Where can you use your
We introduced participants to the poster wall at the end of the last day of our activity and explain that
it is the space for their week reflection on learning. At the same time,we encourage them to use the ‘factory’ as an on-going reflection tool and invite them to write down or illustrate their learning whenever they feel like it. This is an experience in getting a feedback from the participants.